Earth Day 2013

The jellyfish is back! ^^

Posting about some interesting things on Earth Day, 23/3/2013. =P

To mark this occasion and perhaps do a part to help the Earth, most Singapore premises such as shopping centers would dim / off some extra lights to the basic minimum to meet safety requirements so as to save some electricity and perhaps encourage Singaporeans to do the same by doing a part to save the Earth. :)

As for me, keep calm (cum by WL) and type this post. =P

==========

1. Post RT: Maths & Chatting with Justin~

It's rather unexpected that after kena being retrenched from PJ, I would be opening the maths tutorial file and providing help. But yep, that's what I did at West mall Burger King with Justin~ Munching on the breakfast mushroom crossian'wich meal (chicken patty, egg, mushrooms), sharing about my learning experience both in school and during holidays, learning tips, and what to note and expectations.

Time flies, covering the full Application of Differentiation and sharing school life experiences can drag all the way up till 4 hours. It's good that he understood the concept and the way of working out solutions instead of pure copying from the lecture notes. That's the pure of teaching somebody right? He can ask anything and when he finally understood every single thing and can work out on his own, it gives 100% satisfaction that you have actually taught something properly. Ah oh well, hopefully PJ would have some good teachers to help him out. ^^

Giving advice has never been a strength of mine, so I just gave a realistic account of my own experience (a very cui one), but must emphasize that it's a bad example to follow and students should take the hardworking approach (BH). There's one question he asked which I found it rather unique though~

"Since you are a rather low profile person, how come you chose to be RT?"

Come to think of it, almost everybody in the RT department seemed to be rather famous / high profile / joined some weird nonsense etc, only I seemed to be a low profile guy, but ah oh well, I'm not even a RT anymore!

That's a good sharing, not to the mass crowd though. =P

----------

2. PoMo outing: Gelato Cottage

--

*To celebrate Earth's Day, Gelato Cottage is giving a 60 cents discount to Gelato in a cup purchases if customers bring their own cup and spoon. Deciding that bringing a personal cup would be rather mainstream,   I decided to bring a Mac cup and a small spoon to visit the place*

--

Yeah! So that sort of summarises on the origin of why I brought my cup. Apparently I was the 1st customer to bring a personal cup even though it's already 5pm. The lady looks rather happy that at least someone read their fb wall (lol?) and decided to do a part to save the Earth. Haha actually I didn't really have that particular intention to save the Earth, it's just to like bring for the fun of it, and then see how many people did the same thing. So basically I had 2 food items.

1. Pineapple Tart Gelato in my own personal cup. The pineapple taste and filling isn't that strong, but as for the tart part, it's rather evident and I was rather surprised that the flour bits are rather soft, and it goes well inside a Gelato! ^^ If you like pineapple tarts and love ice-cream, this combination would be a sweet perfection!

2. Out of the menu item: Bacon and egg waffles! =D

==========================


Looks very delicious right? =D

Classic soft and fluffy waffles (not for Gelato use), packing a firm layer of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, slices of fresh garden lettuce, and nicely finished with a light layer of mayo. Ah, the ingredients of a egg bacon burger except that it's in a waffle, without the tomatoes. :) That's a very nice dish! The lady even provided me with salt and pepper for the eggs, which I didn't use as I thought that the eggs were good enough already. Awesome dish! 

===========================

The Gelato Cottage sells curry chicken only on Fridays, so that's sort of a miss out as I don't think I will have time to visit Gelato Cottage. Perhaps I will visit alone before NTU starts. :) They took a photo of me with my own cup, which I think my smile looks very weird, so I shall not post the photo here. =/ I'm not the only one who brought my own cup, after we finished our meal, there's a bunch of teenagers who brought their own cups and took a group photo. It's rather heartwarming to see that even though PoMo is undergoing a very huge construction and casuing large inconvenience, there's still people visiting and showing their support for a shop like this~ :)

PH ordered the Macha (green tea) Gelato while WL simply can't get enough of his bubblegum Gelato (Lady: You have tried this before right?). Gelato Cottage: More than just Strictly Gelato! I will definitely visit again! 

----------

3. PoMo outing: The Croods!

Since nobody has any better movie suggestions, we stick to my plan of watching 'The Croods', which Underfame recommended. Enjoy the 2 trailers!

-----



-----


-----

Surprisingly, I felt that the Croods is a nicer movie than Wreck-It-Ralph. At first when I saw the synopsis, I thought that it's going to be just a normal cartoon movie with nice effects to make kids laugh. "This movie is about a bunch of cavemen who lost their homes and had to explore the outside world..."

At the end of the day, you will realise that actually there are a few things in life they are reflected in the movie.

1. Jealousy

The father is rather jealous of Guy's actions and ideas as the family no longer really listens to him but rather listen to the viewpoint of an outsider. Since Guy is a smarter person and has better ideas, therefore more people will follow him. Do you experience this in real life? Being overshadowed by a smarter friend, a better guy when everybody takes notice of him/her but not you?

2. Teenagers: The stage of growing up

The rebellious stage, thinking that you can explore things or break the traditional mindsets of your elders. It's great that the plot turned out well! I wondered how come the story didn't develop Guy and Eep's relationship.

3. Fatherly Love

At the end of the day, the Father just wanted to protect the whole family from any harm. Even though he did not really do much to help at the end of the day, at least he still hoped for the best of his family. The throwing part to 'Tomorrow' is one of the saddest scene, sort of sacrificing yourself and making sure your family is safe. =/

----

Funny parts~!

--

1. Snapshot


--

2. Biased!



Jeff/WL: Biased sia!

------

Just like Wreck-It-Ralph, the movie ended with another Owl City song: 'Shine Your way!' Awesome movies are like that, they end with an Owl City song. =P Ok la, I will prefer 'When Can I See You Again', more clubbing? I have no idea, but it's really nicer! :)

Here's the song 'Shine Your Way' by Owl City and Yuna. Enjoy!



---

Follow the Sun by Evermore, the song featured in the 2nd trailer. This should be a song which WL would like?


---

Everyone's favourite character in the Croods!


BELT!


---

That's about all! We had Ajisen for dinner (Dumplings for me), and I bought Gong Cha Grape Yoghurt at 0% sugar, only to realise that it's still too sweet! There should be a Koi outlet in the future as Plaza Sing has an extension, so that should be a rather good news for War. :)

With that, ends the Earth Day happenings! You Only Live Once! YOLO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?