Case closed: Working in Zen

The jellyfish is back! ^^

Finally, I got my pay for working in Feb! =D Shall post a bit of reflections of working in the company. :) Meanwhile enjoy this song by MXNOR MXJOR, 'We'll be alright'. It's a rather nice song, and apparently its a Singapore duo with guide from, I also dunno who. Something like that~ XD

---



-

 I finally found the title/name of the song while listening to 987 Morning Brunch (DJ Darren aka DJ Towkay)! It's a nice song, and they sing/rap sooooo much better than most singers! ^^ 

---

The work

Yea, back to talking a bit about Zen gifts, the company I worked in during the CNY period, plus the bonus day afterwards. 8 weeks in there, a surprise for me as I thought I would be processing DOs in an office, but ended up in a warehouse typing out the DO masterlist (via a very cui method). At first I thought that it would be extremely busy, esp. when it comes close to CNY, but surprisingly it's not, and I get to play at home everyday. Other than that, these 8 weeks sort of complete my collection of the processes of a flower and gift order~

Greatest disadvantage: The issue of slacking, along with the lack of clear terms and conditions. There's once which all the store guys and Colin went off to take their O lvl results, and the upstairs conveniently asked me to help out with everything, which of course I act blur and didn't help~ =P That's precisely the reason why Colin walked out (literally) after getting his pay.

A storeman gets higher pay than a data entry personnel. Colin is constantly pulled to help out in the store side, yet the salary rate he gets is the same as me. Can you blame him for walking out like that? I don't think so! The upstairs are the best, eh, how come Colin never come work ah, today store lacking of people wor.

Calculating money is another source of headache. Have to make sure that the amount tally, no missing list, additions and deductions, and it doesn't help if you have a blur one messing / questioning everything. A big nightmare would be the time when the whole document was overwritten (who the heck did that) and I have to retype everything and make sure that the numbers are in order. =/

---

The people! ^^

Syafiq aka Handsome, Fahmi, Ganesh, the original 3 storemen, and probably the 3 most happy/anyhow people I have ever met. (Excluding WL) If they were in Civil Defence, I may even think of taking of the front desk with them all the way until 5am. =D I didn't know their names until the 7th/8th week, so I just called Syafiq as handsome and the rest, by EH! They are a really awesome bunch of people, talk a lot of nonsense, do a lot of nonsense, play a lot of nonsense, but still manage to work efficiently with a positive attitude. =D

Colin, a rather unique person. How many friends you have know how to sing K-pop songs, have a high sense of weird fashion and can repeatedly eats the same Nasi Lemak over and over again? =P

The regulars? CMI. Lots of politics. Yea, it's common for a workplace.

---

Coffeeshop food!

1. Nasi Lemak stall

Colin's fav store as he bought from that store almost everyday (there's a day when the store closed as we went for a late lunch). Me? Noodles with fried egg and a self-serve chilli is still the best!

2. Fresh fruit stall (The one they named Orchard Square Fruit stall)

One of the cheapest fruit juice stalls I have seen, $1.50 for a cup of rather common fruit juice, including mango, orange, red apple, etc. I have this everyday for lunch, and it definitely taste better than Fanta Strawberry. =D

3. Seafood stall

$3.50 for a plate of prawn paste chicken rice (a rather big serving) and an extra omellete for just 50cents! Not very close with this stall, but yea the vendors do recognise me. =P

---

Yea, that's about all. If you're gonna ask me did I really enjoy my 8 weeks of work, I can honestly say, nope. I don't usually say that I don't enjoy / like things, but this is going to be an exception. =/

Final pay: $280
1st thing I did with the money: Buy Koi @ Bishan (Passionfruit green tea with aloe vera and pearls) -.-

~~~~

That's about all for this random short post! Minimal effort and thought is being put in for this post, except the song part. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?