22nd birthday (The week of celebration)

The jellyfish is back!

You know, sometimes when I think about birthday dates, I feel that my parents have chosen a very nice date for me to come to this world. :)

School holidays (even in uni!), non-exam date, not a peak period where everybody rush to meet some month-end deadline, pay-day, etc... :) What is even better is that there is an unofficial ending on the 6th June, which makes 1st to the 6th a 'week of celebration' for me. :D

Anyway, posting about the various makan/celebration/meet-up as a memory.

================================

1st June (Sunday)

The bright and beautiful auspicious day started off with eating dim sum at the coffeeshop, and then stoning until the afternoon...

As usual, another toned down brithday lunch, with War, WL and PH! Apparently PH is into the exam period, so it's really nice of him to spare some time to have lunch! To celebrate this auspicious occasion, we had lunch at Clementi Pizza Hut. @_@ Nothing interesting about the food (unless you count my pizza flipping as a special experience), but we had a nice chat with PH, and he is doing really well! Let's hope that continues all the way through his poly life, and he can go study some engineering course in NUS. :)

*Sidenote: PH asked if I have found the Sakae Sushi in NTU! Must try to find it when school reopens*

--

Before we leave Clementi, the 3 handed me my birthday present. Thanks guys! ^^ (I am sure War will remember the bloating Carl's Jr experience, ahaha...)

Watched the X-men movie, ate burger king sides (4 sides for less than $6), and shopped around JEM for the evening. I think everybody is somewhat tired, and kinda sian that have to work the following day, double sian for War since he is very worried about his results.

After much persuasion from War, I looked at my results on the MRT, and hey, I am extremely surprised! :D 3 A+ and 1 A! I got A+ for calculus, and that to me is just as surprising as my geog getting A for A level. Power ah! Well, the next sem can only get worse. =/ Hopefully it doesn't drop as much. No wonder War kept asking me to see results before birthday, I still think is better to see after birthday, don't need to see results. :)

Well, I have always believed that if you really don't know a person's birthday, don't blindly copy or trust the birthday notification on the fb notification centre [Got some people put fake birthday]. This year, I hid my birthday date, and surprisingly there are still ppl who remember my birthday! You guys are awesome! =

A nice chocolate cake at night with my parents, finishing the day with a sweet treat. Hey Jeff, happy 22nd birthday. :)


===============================

2nd June (Monday)

*The epic tale*

Morning - (Jeff messaged ZY)
Jeff: Happy 17th birthday ZY!

A few hours later - (Jeff got a reply)
ZY: Thanks Jeff! Tmr is ur turn!

(At work)
WL: Lol tmr celebrate Jeff birthday again.
Jeff: Alamak this ZY cute la.

Oh, ZY knew it's a day difference, but forgot before / after. That's still thoughtful! :)

===============================


3rd June (Tuesday)

Half day! The original plan to makan dim sum was cancelled as the restaurant suddenly chose not to offer the buffet anymore... We decided to settle for a nice quiet lunch at Soup Restaurant @ IMM. It must have been very long since I patronized that place.

Some of the dishes ordered:

1. Pig trotters bee hoon (Tried a bit, very strong fragrant smell, but not my type of dish)
2. Fried noodles (Taste nice!)
3. White chicken (With ginger sauce)
4. Tomato egg.



The chicken is again tender, goes well with ginger, and juicy. I like the tomato egg the most! Sweet, fluffy, generous serving of eggs, and it goes very well with white rice. :)

The waitresses promoted about a special offer set that costs about a hundred dollars plus, we didn't order that as there were too many atas dishes, contrary to a simple lunch. =/

The rest of the afternoon was devoted to slacking and taking a break from the long work. A good rest leads to a long way. [#Random]

===============================

5th June (Thursday)

The original plan to see crocodiles at Sungei Buloh is postponed/cancelled as I need to work in the morning / afternoon. Ah well, at least the dinner was still on! In the evening, me and War met up with JM and Tean, and we proceeded to the coffee shop at JE (not the dim sum coffeeshop) for a simple meal. [War had a stomachache, can't eat anything atas]

I ordered a plate of chinese sausage fried rice, taste very delicious! :D Chat about our life during the few weeks of holidays. Tean is currently undergoing some computing independent study (creating an app for 4MC). That sounds cool, P/F basis, and perhaps that app could be useful / addictive for the young generation~ JM should be spending a lot of time with his gf, so that means only me and War working ~.~ Well, I don't think either War or myself is in serious need of money, but rather we work just to kill some time. Nothing much to do uh. =/

The usual small chat about grades. JM seemed to improve significantly in bio, but only to do badly in thermal physics. Aiya, thermal so hard, how to understand~! He seemed happy with the C grade though, as he only did like 1 question out of 6... Awesome! That's the thing about hard papers, if everyone else couldn't do the paper, then missing out a lot of questions won't affect the grade super significantly. That theory should work for the Calculus II paper, otherwise I will be like getting a B or B- if the paper was to be graded on the absolute scale. =P

At about 7.45, we went for a walk around Jcube for waffles (failed attempt, apparently its rare to see a shop that sells skinny waffles).The next best thing? Sharetea. Well, I am not a big fan of that drink, but since War and Tean liked it, I bought my usual ST order, with War buying a cup too! Drinking Sharetea is a totally different meaning without WL around.

Without WL: It's just another cup of drink.
With WL: Standby WL shouting "OMG Sharetea addict siol!" Really. Damn big difference.

Just when War thought that Sharetea is a consolation prize for not walking all the way to Westgate, everybody went there to shop for JM's food, passing by Koi along the way (nice!). Shopped for some japanese ingredients, it's nice to take a look at fascinating things. JM bought some packet of sweet glutinous stuff, tastes not bad, but I won't fancy it. It's just tastes like teriyaki sauce on your desserts.

Oh! JM and Tean bought a wallet for me! At first, I didn't really understand why a wallet, until...



You guys are there man! Cool! :D


===============================

6th June (Friday)

The last day of the week of celebration, the day I fell into the dustbin. The day I had dinner with ILS lab people! =D

On that evening, met up with Pricillia and Karen at Tanjong Pagar station, and we proceeded to the dinner location. I am not a huge fan of korean food (even though I watch korean dramas and listen to some korean songs), so the place which ILS recommended sounded good to me. :)

Korean Food: 2D1N Soju Bang, 46 Tanjong Pagar Road. [Apparently is famous!]

That place looks somewhat familiar, since I had the impression that I went with WL and Underfame to Maxwell food centre for the chicken rice, and that street seemed to be somewhere which we have passed by. The night street looks way crowded compared to the day, many youngsters crowding outside restaurants, high flow traffic, and definitely a lively atmosphere on a friday night. :) The 2D1N restaurant is too crowded, so we are put on the waitlist (about 40 mins). Chat about life, Pricillia and Karen finding job experience, interviews, salary, bla bla bla... Most importantly, waiting for KY to reach.

Aiya this girl ah, next time must tell her to reach 1 hour earlier, so that she won't be late by too much. =P Hopefully that plan won't backfire like the guild outing with staggered timings.

10 mins before we are seated, we were asked for our food choices. I went with the recommendations, along with 1 pancake. Soon after, we were seated and hey, the food is served! =D There were the items we ordered, along with a variety of small dishes, such as tofu, salad, sweet potato, etc. It's literally a spread of dishes. :) Shortly after, KY finally reached the place (It took her more than an hour to travel from Tanjong Pagar MRT station to the dining location).

--

Ah, here's a photo which Karen took, and compiled them into a super nice framed pic. =D

Top left: I think it's chicken. Nothing special about that, except that there's a generous serving of it!

Top: Onion pancake. That must be the nicest dish, esp. when eaten on its own! It's not too dry, and dosen't have a sharp onion taste to it. You won't mind getting more of that!

Top right: Jajangmyeon (Noodles in blackbean sauce) A sweet dish! Plenty of seafood toppings such as prawns, sotong, cuttlefish, etc. Better to order that for sharing, it's very difficult for 2 people to finish that plate of noodles.

Left: The side dishes. Look nice right? =P

Rest of the pics: Not to be consumed. Jeff and the beautiful ladies (cough). KY changed her hairstyle. Scary.



We ate until about 9+, before we walked back to the MRT station. The whole street is dedicated to wedding places and korean restaurants. If you fancy a K dish but not sure where to go, I think this place will be great! The other 3 thought that the quality of the food has slightly decreased, but I think it's still great. Decent serving, not too expensive, around $20 per person?

That's about it for the ILS quick dinner! :D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh anyway, some birthday gifts I got in the month of June! Some have photos, and some doesn't have photos.

--

My father bought a wallet and my mother gave a red packet (unknown amt), in the end my father's wallet kena broken, so he took that while I take JM/Tean's gift. It's the thought that counts! :D

--

SY, Keith, RJ, William shared the bill for my ramen dinner! Thanks guys!

--



Left: Java guidebook
Given by: [Dadadidadi] WJ, SH, MJ, YR, Gina, LC, Angela, Jasmine... Did I miss out anyone?

Right: External CD drive
Given by: WL, PH, War

Awesome! Things that I can read and use! Thanks people!

--



Left: Garfield 3D puzzle
Given by: Shi Hui 
[How you know I like Garfield! =O ]

Right: The maths wallet
Given by: JM,Tean
[Appropriate? Very. =P ]

=======================

That's all for the 'week of celebration' memories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?