EAS 31 chalet and GPA

The jellyfish is back! Going to post a short one about the recent EAS 31 chalet and getting a surprising award! =P

-----

EAS 31 chalet~

The journey from Tagore Lane to Biggin's Hills (Aloha Changi) isn't a short one~! So approximately 2h 15mins, I finally reached the awesome chalet at the top of the hill. Believe me, getting your stamina pumped up is going to be beneficial if you don't want to stop and rest halfway. =/

*2015hrs*

My entrance into the chalet started off with a big bang: Overkilled by Nerf guns' bullets!! Goh and Richard got bonus points as they had successful headshots, so yea, that was a pleasant surprise! A nice bath and preparation for the next day's work, and yea, time for dinner! :D

(from 119 onwards)

Present PM: 1 & 4 full house! Richard, PMT Helmi
Present medics: Hamizam, Goh, Amin, Hafiz
Present hospital medics: Nazri, Zahid
Present SAMO: Amrun, Heizer, Sharom

And some others I missed out! Zul was there too. =P

Dinner is being seperated into 2 sections, the standard BBQ food and the homecooked food with a taste of Malay culture! Curry with white bread was awesome, the fried rice was rather decent. Er... The ketupats were a bit dry, but were made up with the delicious satays! =P

After living for so long, I finally helped out in the BBQ-ing of food for the 1st time in my life! (Help a bit also counted right?) The chicken fillets, the sausages and crabsticks, mushrooms, the chicken wings and of course, marshmallows~!

PM Ade: WHY!? You don't trust my BBQ skills ah!? I don't really know how to BBQ food to perfection, but ask me about BBQ-ing marshmallows and you have found the right person! XD  So yea, me and Encik Rahul sort of BBQ-ed a bit of marshmallows and were simply clueless about the timings until she told us that our marshmallows were ready. Tasted not bad! ^^ Besides the marshmallows, I tried the aluminium bowl of corn and it's rather tasty! About the right mixture of butter and corn. =)

Encik Amrun and Heizer came at around 9.30pm, and they were busy disturbing PM Ade about her cooking skills, and requested for ridiculous kinds of cooked food. Eg. Burnt corn, medium-rare chicken steak, etc. Everybody must be laughing all the way. =P A small chat about station life too, and apparently it seems fine for the seniors and disastrous for the juniors. Encik Rahul got himself Goh and Kane to recommend him drinks, and here's hoping he would get something more than just Barley! =P

*2230 hrs*

For some reason, another round of Nerf war started! The whole kitchen was kinda messed up with bullets all over the place, SAMOs shooting teenagers, vice versa and half the people aiming at PM Ade. I chose to sit at the table and wore the nerf provided safety goggles. How aweseome! ^^

*2300 hrs*

Most of the people who needed to work the following day left the chalet (except me). Leaving me, Zul, Syahid, Helmi, Amin, Nazri, Zahid, Hafiz and PM Adeline. They had a final showdown with 2 teams competition, featuring me as the video taker and the bullet collector. =/ I don't want to sweat too much as I needed to sleep~! Rather fun to watch them play, especially the part where she wanted to go to the toilet, and was attacked full force on the way out. =P

*0030 hrs*

Sleep! Not before doing a bit of combined Sudoku that drained many bits of mental cells. =P The rest were still playing though! I slept in the air-con room, which creepily looked like the kind of rooms in Doors and Rooms 'Claustrophobia'.

*Unknown timing*

Helmi and everybody else woke me up to tell me that they were heading to Changi Village. o.o

*0530 hrs*

Rise and shine to a pouring Tuesday! After a shower and packing up of things, Helmi gave me and Zul a lift to Tampines MRT station, and I headed off to work from there. Zul talked about a Jackie Chan Chinese movie, which I was greatly surprised on how the heck did he come across it. Oh well, didn't bother much at that time, as I was too sleepy to care about anything.

On 969, I saw an AJ guy doing his P&C homework. From one look, one may simply think that he's a very hardworking guy who never fails to waste time by studying in the bus, on the other hand, he did all the questions wrongly. Poor guy, he has to redo his tutorial again. =/

That sort of sums up the short chalet trip! I didn't have to pay the $5 fee as I was classified as a guest. How heartwarming! ^^

-----

Back at Yishun Fire Station: Good Performance Award! (30/1)

An auspicious Wednesday morning started out with a break from the working routine, and someone should give me a prize for that! Yep, that is meant literally as I went back to my NS fire station to collect the 'Good Performance Award'! ^^ Honestly speaking, I have never heard of this totally random award, and I don't think Kane has heard of it either. It doesn't matter though, I shall take it, and start to wonder how the heck have I been a good performance medic. =P

"A higher rank NSF means that he can set a good example to his juniors in the same unit and vocation." So yeah, the irony of me being a LCP and getting that award, I like it anyway!

I must be rather popular with food and beverages stall, as the noodles aunty in the big canteen remembered me! (^^) She asked how come I'm no longer a medic and have I thought of signing on as a paramedic. Nah, can't study bio stuff, so that's a bit too bad for the job, and 1 less regular customer for her noodles with egg, fish fillet and no chilli. =/

As expected, the provost at the gate asked me for my 11B, which I showed to him, and of course my IC after that~ (ORD lo!) Some station personnel were surprised to see me, and double the surprise by telling them that I was present so as to go for the Commander's Parade.

"Wah Jeff, how come you ORD already still kena callback for this kind of thing?"
"Jeff! You haven't ORD meh!?"
"Jeff which alpha you taking?"
"Jeff! Come back for RT ah!?"
"Jeff never buy makan for me ah!?"

So stayed in the office while waiting for the Parade to start, had my breakfast, stalked some ambulances and asked about the origin of the award. Apparently PM Brenden and PM Herda wrote the nomination way many months back, and hey somehow it got approved and thus me and Kane were able to get an award! How sweet! ^^

Approx 0900 hours, the Parade started. Nothing interesting, just looking at the parade inspection from the side, and listening to the commander giving a speech about futuristic idealistic resolutions which are just like an ideal gas. Other than me, there's only 1 more guy who is wearing a civilian attire, but I don't think it's significant to the parade anyway~

The prize turned out to be $100 worth of grocery vouchers, and a certificate! I remembered being asked on what am I going to do with these vouchers, and I replied, "wah good can buy vegetables already." ^^ That is supposedly a very cute reply, which I don't see any link between these 2. Chat with Encik Fhairus before leaving the MPH. Talked a bit about life in station, and somehow I felt he doesn't to be seriously enjoying himself as a SC, (am I right?) but oh well, life still goes on. He congratulated me and wished me all the best in future studies and work, and yea, perhaps that would be the last time I can see him and address him as Encik. Actually he's seriously way too young for me to call him Encik, but yea, the respect of level must still be there right? :)

Remembered him because~

1. he's the fiercest SAMO I have seen.
2. the only person who asked me to draw out 2ml of water accurately from a cup of water.
3. he helped a lot in training medics! =P

[I should put a picture of my certificate here!]

PM Brenden congratulated us after that, and said that he should have nominated everybody to get more prize and open up a party full of food! I like that idea! XD Bring out the bottles!!! After the whole thing, I ate a late breakfast/ early lunch with Goh and Kane at Northpoint Mac~ Enjoyed that moment of chat and makan for a few hours with ppl I don't hang out with, hear them talk about how people are making a big fuss out of nothing, the new medics, how Encik Rahul got his new drinks!

Haix, I must be a very friendly medic in the past, cos I'm seriously anything with a lot of things, as long as the most important ones are in order, and somehow rarely got engaged in arguments! Awesome! Hopefully the new medics would be a great batch and revive the good name of Yishun EAS crew! =P

The makan ended with Goh showing me some videos of his crazy dog pawing the wall away, how cute!

---

That's all for this short post! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?