Danny's big day


Before this wedding, I don’t think I even noticed that there’s a church beside Borneo Motors / opposite Marsiling market all these while I live in Woodlands (19 years already). So after being oblivious to the areas surrounding my living area for about a third of my lifetime, I noted the place and went inside, for Danny’s big day! =D

It seemed like yesterday when Danny asked me to attend his wedding after we attended Zhen Wen’s wedding with Encik Fazly at the church near Sembawang. If I had ever told myself that I am 1 year closer to ORD by attending Danny’s wedding, it has happened. Ex-SAMO, one of the nicest people I have ever met and I had never see him get pissed off / angry before. So his wedding is definitely a must-go! =P

Danny and Min-er’s wedding – New Life Pres. Church, 29th Sep 2012, 11am.

Ah, an auspicious time for a wedding. I reached there at around 10.10am as I do not want to be late like the time at Zhen Wen’s wedding. Not many guests have reached, so I just wrote a simple congratulatory message at the reception, along with giving my wedding red packet for the couple. One of the ushers guided me to the seating area on Danny’s side, and I stoned there for about 10 minutes while doing Killer Sudoku and observing the church hall. A cooling place (atas air-con), bright lights and a very nice stage decoration with tables and chairs decorated with lovely flowers. The planning should have cost a decent sum of money, seeing that the design is almost perfect with matching lights. ^^

Arinah saw me and invited me to sit over with her and another PMT (Fazli). Not long after, WQ and Koh arrived at location. Zul, Amin, Razif and Goh arrived together and I took a picture with them and Danny. Zul’s preparation of his red packet is exactly similar to the experience of CT and Warren preparing their oranges during CNY.

Zul: Eh Jeff ah, how am I supposed to give my money gift?
Jeff: Oh, put your money in a red packet and drop it into the box.
Zul: Then how am I supposed to drop it in the box?

O_O

Jeff: Well err… You simply just drop the red packet through the hole in the box? Then they will receive it after the whole wedding thing. [Actually very tempted to say ‘use your hands’]

So yep, that’s done and we entered the wedding hall together. J Talked crap for a while, looked at the door gifts consisting of a Christian comic strip, a white box which I haven’t open. The wedding started at approximately 11.10am. Nothing really interesting about the songs, the teachings, the lectures and other things related to the church. Probably except a part where they said something about singing to the lamb… Ming Yang likes this.

Compared to Zhen Wen’s wedding, Danny’s wedding seemed to be a bit low profile and less interesting in terms of activities. There isn’t any video montage of the couple’s younger lives and photos with random love songs. There isn’t any special music or effects when the couple kissed. =P

However, the laughter and the warmth they showed aren’t little. You can see that they are so shy, yet so loving, so caring, oh how sugar-sweet!!! Danny is extremely shy in kissing Min-er, and just pecked on her cheeks unlike Zhen Wen and her husband when they kissed each other on the lips inside out.

“I wanna kiss you inside-out!” – Hedley!

Min-Er’s thanksgiving speech is rather short, as she thanked the people around her, parents, etc. Min-er cried halfway, which everybody clapped and cheered for her. How heartwarming! Danny’s proper speech started off with “No more single, my Facebook status must change to married already.” Awesome sia! It’s just like what he would say in his everyday life, except that this time he would have to say it in front of everybody with a hint of stage fright in his voice. After quite a long time, he finally ended with something like, “I am a man of few words.” So totally not true sia! However if you are given a once in a lifetime experience, naturally you would want to show your gratitude with the greatest sincerity possible. =P

The normal signing of the marriage certificate, cake cutting, wedding photos before the whole ceremony came to an end. After the kissing part, I kept thinking of the song ‘All about us’ and RJ’s maple wedding, esp. the text.  So I thought about a way to modify the text to suit the wedding…

--------------------------------------------

Today we have gathered here to show our deepest blessings to the young couple.
People say that the one tied with your destiny is connected by the Red Ribbon of a Ribbon Pig.
From what I see, these two people have finally found each other at the end of the Red Ribbon.
Among all the front liners, you two are definitely the fortunate ones to find each other.
Now, the quest given to you two and that is to live happily ever after as beloved ones.
Jun Xiong, will you love your bride until your hair turns white as the yeti's hair?
Min-er, will you love your groom until the snow from El Nath melts and turns into a sand in Florina Beach?
Today, all the attended guests will be the witnesses of this couple's oath.
You may now kiss the bride.

OPA GANGNAM STYLE!  =D


The 2nd highlight of the whole event, is of course the lunch reception! Definitely an awesome buffet, can be even better than Zhen Wen’s one! A decent variety of food consisting of dishes I like, different kinds of dessert, almond longan cooling soup, a special booth for laksa and a largely cut wedding cake for everybody to eat! =D

Ah, I forgot the name of the catering company, oh well.  So comments about the different types of food…

Potato salad – Hmm, tasted normal…
Fried fish – Very soft on the inside! Rather nice, with the sauce on it. J
Fried cereal prawn – Tried 2 only as I’m rather allergic. Crispy! And tasted rather sweet!
Fried wanton – Nah. Didn’t really like it.
Chicken in some random honey sauce? – Didn’t try it.
Mushrooms and corn – Now THAT is awesome! Favorite non-meat combination!
Yang Chow fried rice – It looks more like sausage fried rice to me. Tasted rather nice. J

Is there some chili dish? I didn’t try it, along with the spicy laksa.

Almond and longan soup – Tasted just like the ones outside!
Lemongrass drink – Standard cordial
Brownie – Didn’t try
Cream puff – Awesome!
Chocolate éclair – Awesome!

Actually I didn’t expect the wedding cake to be available for the public. So when Arinah offered me to take some cake, I was rather surprised and definitely willing to try some! People never try before mah. =D The cake seemed to be a chocolate cream cake with a thick concentrated layer of strawberry icing. Tasted rather normal, except that the icing is too sweet, probably this represents a sweet love for the couple’s rest of their lives. =P

Before leaving, we took a few more pictures with Danny, until somebody suggested that we took some photos with Min-er too. Danny seemed to like the idea and shouted.

“OI BRIDE! COME!”

Sia la! Si bei anyhow sia! Should have called her dear, honey, pet name or something random term. Bride is really… Haix, Min-er is going to have a fun time for the rest of her life with Danny. Can guarantee sia! XD

With this, once again deepest congratulations to the new couple, Danny and Min-Er! ^^

I, Zul and Wei Qiang decided to lepak somewhere as we didn’t feel like going home so early. Among all the places we can lepak, we ended up at KTPH. (LOL WHY!?)

Other than the wedding, it’s clearly an auspicious day as evident by the huge number of trauma patients with spinal injuries coming in to the hospital at a rather busy rate. Unloading the stretcher in civilian attire is great! Imagine if we can go for calls in such attires.

“You all look way better in your off-duty attire than on-duty uniform.” – Random person

Somebody should give that person a prize! Zul and WQ kept on disturbing Amira and Facebook-ing while I just stoned around listening to music. They also talked about how they were pillars of 31, which I partially agreed. For their self-satisfaction, I just agreed to them. So evil sia! =P

~ The end result of a situation occurring is independent of the amount of hard work people put in.
~ Putting in effort in your work doesn’t mean people will appreciate your efforts.
~ The success / failure of a result may not have anything to do with you, even though you thought you had contributed the most.

These sad conclusions are such bastard cruelties in life. So to my 117 seniors, a pancake toast to you. =/

“I’m sorry, I can’t be… Per-fect.” Heard this on 98.7 while they were talking about the mighty pillars. Ah oh well. They looked happy anyway! [ORD already mah]

With these, the day reached the evening, and I went home for some rest. =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?