117 ORD happenings


The jellyfish is back! Today is the 2nd day after 117 has ORD. Posting about the last few moments of crapping with Zul and WQ in the evening in station.

Amin requested me to cover him at 1845hrs, which I did so. So sort of stoned in station since there was no call, eating the curry chicken and pasta? Which Ma’am Herda made for EAS as a celebration dish for the freedom of the 117 seniors. The chicken was all right, the triangular pasta tasted… normal. Hmm. Nicely cooked! =P

WQ was basically playing with his phone, packing his things, making a lot of phone calls for his lobangs after ORD (A lot siol!). He took a decent number of pictures with different ppl, including SAMOs, PMs, medics,  should be rather memorable, since it was his last day already. :/

He also showed me the perfect-attendance award watch, which looked rather nice, even though the way of wearing the watch is simply weird. The watch is currently with me, any EAS ppl wants it? :O Seems like there is a lot of things which I am not sure regarding the ORD process. The things to return, the things to bring, the attire, the time, what to expect. With 13 weeks left to ORD, perhaps it is time to really find more, before I become ‘Forever Lost’  during that day!

For the times he were not doing the above mentioned things, he just chat with me about different paramedics and their working styles, his memorable calls in station and the awesome experience when he followed Eugene for a block. Time flies that fast, although he has talked to me more than what he usually did in the past, it feels like a very brief moment compared to the past conversations / lectures / advices. It felt just like yesterday when I remember him telling me about Ma’am Noraini priming and inserting the IV line on her own, the day in the big canteen when he talked to GTS about coping and adapting to station life while eating his prawn and pork rib noodles, the day when he asked me about my views on Tasneem’s and Jr.Hakim’s workstyle. Today, he is an operationally ready personnel. How fast!

Zul must be on facebook stalking people / thinking of ways to disturb me, especially the latter one. There were more Thor jokes (a lot repeated), some chuck Norris jokes, some random station cold jokes, etc. We also tracked the alphas on the Cubicon to see if 312 is back since he wanted to make a farewell speech for rota 1. Along the way, we saw this very interesting call text, a fire call.

“My daughter call and say there is fire in the dustbin. She only have a water bottle and unable to put out the fire.”

Zul’s response: ……
Jeff’s response: YOU DON’T SAY!?

And we both laughed! One of the last few times we can laugh together to something stupid / ridiculous. It’s just awesome how the public makes report and ends up looking silly. Haha! Oh well~! I was suggested to make an online meme out of this, but nah, lazy. =P


[Sidetrack: Yaznisham showed me on his fb wall that one of my random EAS drawing was captured and shared between fire station personnel. This is the pic!



Rota 1 firefighter drew a pic that says: “We fight what you fear.” That is super cool! Imagine that for a firefighter slogan, the brave, the power, to rescue and save the world. How awesome is that! Since I had nothing to do while taking care of the front desk, I decided to make 1 for EAS, by after thinking that most of our calls are seriously non-emergency calls (fever/unable to walk/fall/giddy,etc), I decided to draw a 9-gag style pic. Anyhow only! :D

I didn’t even know that was online… it was for fun and I forgot to throw away, but ah oh well! 


Back to the topic, Zul somehow was rather busy with notifications, and his notification tone was the one which pokemon were healing in the pokemon center. Very cute sia! His pokemon must have been healed 10+ times if every notification was a heal. He has a few more short pokemon tunes which I thought were rather interesting. =)

I was asked to eat more of Ma’am Herda’s curry pasta thanks to Zul’s constant nagging and poking to help myself to the food. Strongly reminded me of my first few duties in station where I skipped lunch / dinner and was constantly nagged by him to have my complete meals. Just as I was about to help myself to a 2nd serving…

Zul: Jeff, come here for awhile.
Jeff: Why?
Zul: Just come.
(so I walked to him)
Zul: Ok now go back to the food table and stop there.
Jeff: What the hell? (Walks there anyway)
Zul: [Plays the pokemon tune where an item is found] JEFF FOUND FOOD!!!
Jeff: OI! Walao anyhow sia!!! :D

I was laughing very badly, along with some other people in the office. Alamak this is unexpected sia!
<Jeff puts FOOD in the Item pocket>


After Yaznisham reached, we slacked and talked in the alpha, and they took more pictures with the night crew and the firefighters. After Kane came back, R1 medics gathered near the dustbin and just sat down, listening to Zul's last words in station before he leaves for good. Just as I thought, Kane is a million times better than me, of course luh, ppl CPL sia, I LCP only!! =P

But other than that, the feeling of seperation isn't a very fun one. After Zul leaves, there will be nobody making very stupid thor jokes, nobody giving great advices and big theories about life, nobody taking care of the rota which would match his standard, nobody else who will be rather strict on things, nobody to poke and disturb me when the office or alpha is very quiet, nobody to force me to eat when I simply have no mood to eat. Haix...

Anyway, its good that they ORD and got back their freedom. I thanked WQ for teaching me some decent contents about the alpha when I was still new, even though it was never my rota. I also sent a last thankful message to Zul in the middle of the night, and that concludes the last day of 117 NSF life in Civil Defence.

====================

Amira made the atmosphere less sad though! (Was it sad anyway?) She was there asking PAM questions in chinese, which in my opinion was rather badly said. 

Ni you die dao mah, you tou yun mah, you chuan mah, etc... Some were rather ok, except the tones were wrong, some of them sounded like food! I think Kane helped her with the words, which were mostly correct, even though the tones were mostly wrong (she wont be needing it anyway). Awesome sia! Encik Heizer was over there listening to her learnings, and gave a very insightly remark.

SAMO Heizer: I think if the chinese patient hear you speak ah, he or she will say to u, "Eh girl you can talk english or not!?"

Epic sia! It made everyone laugh. =P Nice one! One does not simply say 'Wo yao kway chap' instead of 'Wo yao hui jia'. (I want to go home) =P

====================

That's all! :D 13 weeks to ORD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?