Double pre Hari Raya outing

The jellyfish is back! Posting about 2 recent outings. Rather fun, and should be better than the few days later which I will be spamming day duties. :/

1. Guild outing @ The Cathay
2. EAS R1/4 outing @ Downtown East

-----------------

1. Guild outing!

This outing somehow seems to be almost exactly similar for ying (1) xiang (2). Er yea... Perhaps he had too many events for the past few guild outings, but oh well! Come to think of it, this is one of the most un-planned outing, cos I have been working quite a number of days shifts and nvr even find a nice location for the outing, thus YX have to go to the same place again~

-------

(while watching CRJ's piano version of 'call me maybe')

WL: Eh GM, tml do wad?
Me: Makan sushi! That will take hours! And call me maybe!

Me: Eh! Call me jeff! Not maybe. See la ur fault, go ask me see that piano video!

~.~

One does not simply become 'Maybe' while watching that video. :/

------

6 ppl went: Me, YX, ZY, WL, YL, Nat mei~ She was late by almost an hour due to personal family issues, ah oh well. The rest of us walked around Plaza Sing, scanned through the random products in Daiso, commenting on the different designs / decorations of Halloween products while WL browsed through my songs and tried to figure out the proper categories of my folders.

There's a crane machine shop beside the 6th level food court, so we went in and look at the different jackpot prizes the machines offered. Dosen't look very appealing to players, but still many people were inside enjoying the games on a beautiful saturday evening. :)

A while later, Nat arrived at location and we proceeded to the exact same sushi place for the 1st guild outing (aka the pork belly stick buffet place)

[Random happening: While I was walking, somebody poked me, and I simply ignored it and continued to talk to my mei, until she said "Eh Kor, your friend ar?" I realised is Neo Jun Hao, the 'Eh?' guy during recruit time. I thought WL poked me sia, haix.]

Comparing the previous almost exact similar outing...

1. It didn't rain! [Pitbull probably didnt sing 'Rain over me']
2. We walked the shorter way, compared to the one big round in the past.
3. ZY came and Eugene wasn't there.
4. The price increased!!! D=
5. No red wine!!!

-------------------------

Saturday dinner

Adult: $37.80 (after 17%)
Student: $33.70 (after 17%)

When the waitress asked for the number of students, the reply was 4 out of 6, which I gave a 'Dafuq' look to YL. Frankly speaking, YL still has the looks of a poly student, even though is hair is shaved to almost the minimum, wahaha! Ugh, an adult price is simply expensive siol..

Started off the sushi buffet auspiciously with egg mayo sushi, egg sushi, mochi, other random sushi? This time I tried all the flavours of mochi (peanut, green tea, pandan, red bean), and they were really awesome! The egg mayo sushi were ok, I took 1 plate for myself, WL took 1 plate (ended up to me), ZY took 2 plates (which 1 ended up to me). 3 plates altogether at one go, hmm~

I actually thought that the 3rd plate of egg sushi was taken by ZY, so I didn't touch that, until Nat mei accused me of bullying him by pushing the plate to him. :/ Luckily the plate of mochi taken by ZY wasn't pushed to me, since I insisted that one is not mine. (Still took the peanut flavour from ZY's mochi plate anyway) :D

With many buffets lessons being learnt, this time we didn't order a great amount of food (the stick memory still etched deeply in everybody's mind ya?) Mushrooms, steamed eggs, fried prawns, teriyaki chicken, salmon and raw food for YL and Nat, ramen for ZY, etc. Nothing really interesting about the food, since I've tried enough of these in the past. Nat can't stand the smell of the fresh mushrooms for strange and unknown reasons, ZY just loved his ramen and no other dishes on the table.

The thick beef patty which I tried the last time with War and PH was not available during the dinner! So sad!!! I tried the cream puffs before anything else, because I wanted to savour the taste of the cream puff without having a 'rather full' feeling. The cream puff is coated with white chocolate, with an adequate amount of cream insdie, not bad! :)

Who the heck eats cream puff before other dishes? Answer: Jeff.

A lot of ppl kept disturbing me about the pork bellies, which I have kindly pushed to WL and ZY, if there is any. Basically most of the time spent during the outing was devoted to disturbing ppl for no damn reason, esp  me, WL and Nat. YX and YL seemed to be rather entertained, and of course ZY nom-ing his noodles. Both of them talked about the amount of drinks they consume halfway through the dinner, which amazing WL drank lesser than Nat. With this happening, 2-3 cups of blackcurrant drink was devoted to Nat. :)

Nat: WL still haven't start to drink, but when he starts to drink, he will drink non-stop.

-------------------------------------------


Yep, that's WL for you! Challenge accepted and achievement unlocked! XD

-------------------------------------------

The usual chat about studies. WL is actually rather zai in his studies in SD / SOH, but apparently YX is also another hidden talent (triple science student, HCL, 'A' in lower sec Malay)! I think still nobody  understand how on earth did I get an 'A' for geog, even myself, but heck care anyway. Shouldn't have wasted that precious few hours on studying geog~

Most people felt rather full at that point of time, so we rounded up the meal nicely with some cream puffs, eclairs and few small dishes of watermelon. Nothing really interesting about the eclairs, I think I would prefer the watermelon over them~ And of course ice-cream! The chocolate ice-cream is really.... normal, seriously. The macha (green tea) ice-cream is tasteless for some reason, or I could taste is just the bitterness that lies within the creamy content, rather disgusting. X_X

For the rest of the time, we just slacked around until almost the closing time by listening to WL / Nat's songs and jamming up Nat/ZY's iphone phone protection. :)

Nat: "WL's songs are very updated."

Duh. It has 8 versions of JB songs, 9 versions of Marry the Night and a whole list of pokemon theme music! [Creeping shadow has amused ZY for very strange and unknown reasons]

---

That's about it for the guild outing with only 1 segment, I felt that I have missed out something important during that outing, but it's too late to change anything already. Chatted with YX until Bishan, apparently he has a tough co-curricular life, but that dosen't seem to affect his studying in a triple science class, power!

"You say its too late to make it, but is it too late to try?"

:)
======================================

14/8 EAS outing! 'The past, the present' :)

No la, that isn't the name of the outing, but I think its rather appropriate! About 20+ people went for the outing that includes station medics, paramedics with families, Zahid, Goh, and people who had ORD. Downtown East has changed rather significantly ever since the last time I visited that place for forgotten reasons. (Was that before JC?) New shops, new eating outlets, WWW is currently under construction, and there's a ferris wheel (5 storeys high) inside the mall, how cool! =D

"Assalahmuaikum to everyone, I would like to thank you guys for coming down to our small gathering/iftar. To Kak Herda, thank you for helping for booking. Hope we could do another upcoming gathering. Walaikumsalam :)" - Message sent by Amin (I modified a bit, or it wouldn't make sense)

I arrived at Downtown East at around 5.50pm, then walked around the place since I didn't see anybody. New bookshops, new stalls, a new sheltered carpark, a whole new part dedicated to a mall, a whole new level to hold different food stalls. Didn't manage to find a suitable sudoku / nice puzzle book though! At around 6.30pm Edy started to wander around the entrance of Sakura, and found me folding a glider made out of a food brochure. Apparently he dosen't recognise me. =P

Off we went to settle down at the big long bench of tables (about 6 tables combined) in the middle of the restaurant. $33 nett per person. Auspicious environment, rather bright and has a lot of seating capacity even though it is the only level. While waiting for the break-fast timing (7.16pm), we looked through the adequate variety of food and took the dishes before eating.

---------------------------------

To summarise the food I ate for the following rounds:

1. Steamed white chicken, Some siew mai, bowl of black chicken soup
2. Some fried stuff (including a durian fireball, 1 prawn), hard boiled egg
3. Another bowl of chicken soup, steamed egg, a repeat of rounds 1 and 2
4. Some cheesecakes, some jellies, some random stuff?
5. Cheng Ting, random fruits, glutinous balls, coconut cakes?
6. Fruits, vanilla-ice cream with sweet rice toppings, 1 prawn dumpling!

Nothing really interesting to comment about the food. :/

Drinks: Iced milo, blackcurrant, lemonade, mango juice, iced green tea, iced water~ :D

Somehow nobody seems to be eating a lot even though most have fasted for almost 14 hours, I seem to be eating more than the fasting people, how sad! No wonder cannot pass IPPT luh, haix.

-----------------------------------

The paramedics were really busy feeding their kids with the different random stuff or bringing them around to see the medics. Zul and Amin were really enthusiastic with the kids, bring them up and down the air, round and round the tables. I was not that comfortable with babies and was holding them rather stiffly. Luckily they didn't cry or smth. =P

Encik Saiful's wife talked to me about my future course in NTU, which made me realise that I have not really thought much of what I would like to do in future, perhaps it is time to think about the course and future prospects. Too late to change the course anyway, but I don't think that I would change it. :/

Ah, Ma'am Hazlina's husband talked about the funny things in control, and disturb her by saying medics have a hard life by following her. Finally see how he looks like! Apparently his child does not like the food he feeds him by giving a 'dafuq' look when tasting the food. So cute!

A lot of people took a large number of pictures on food, people, babies, different groups of people, ORD-ed medics, families, etc... Shall post the pictures on another post, they are much more heartwarming and says more words than the few sentences in this post. :)

Before the official closing ceremony (woah sia la) of the buffet, Ma'am Herda thanked everyone for coming to the dinner and breaking fast together, and also hope that a next gathering like this would be successful and crowded too. Short and sweet, everybody like this! ^^

After the eating session, we went out to take a few more pictures before the families went home, leaving the medics gathering outside smoking/chatting about where to go later. After a rather long non-effective discssion, Zahid, Edy, Zul and me decided to go bowling while the rest of the medics went back home to prepare for the following day duty. Hafiz went home before that. =P

- Night bowling -

1st time bowling in the night! Definitely not a good score, but just play for fun anyway! Zahid seemed to be the best, followed by Edy, followed by Zul than me. Zahid's score is about 40 more than me, Edy is rather close to him, Zul is better by a few points. I don't think I can throw straight balls, it dosen't seem to go well. The place should be the same as 'The Chevrons' in Jurong, with the same few themes that display 'ZERO' when i keep guttering for the 2nd throw, haix oh well. =P

Playing with medics is actually about the same as playing with War, aiming to score as high as possible but not to the extent of striking of sparing every single throw (like PH). When Zul got his 1st strike in the 2nd game, he was like 'YES!!!' Lol how epic! =D But ok la, I didnt score any strike... =_=!!!

At about 11+, we left the bowling alley and walked along the quiet streets of Pasir Ris, passing by an ulu Fire Post. Nothing much happened, except me and Zul talked about the new medics. The auspicious walk concluded the awesome evening of a breaking fast gathering. :D

===================================

That's all, will be posting the pictures of the gathering in another post. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?