Kite singing weekend

Pop quiz!

Q: What is a better way to unwind yourself after studying a lot of nonsense maths that almost nobody uses it in real life?
A: Sing song and fly kite! :D

~~

The jellyfish is back! ^^ 2 random outings, to celebrate Pric farewell with the lab people, and another is a kite flying event which WL asked me to go. Since it's a good opportunity to take a break from all the nonsense truth tables / other maths, why not lepak a bit? =P

So yup, posting about both outings!

==========

31 Aug - Lab singout!

The outing consisted of a singout at Kbox at the building beside Lot 1, so yup, a revisit to CCK. :) Perhaps it's the hectic schedule of uni life, but by some random equilibrium law, the total sum of earliness in total time space t must be equals to 0. (lolwut) As a result, I was auspiciously late by about 10 mins and kind of kena disturbed by KY. Aiya sian. =/

TW, Jesmond, and Darren were already there. Nobody seemed to have changed, which is quite a good thing. TW asked me about my studying life which I sort of complained and ranted on the ridiculous Wednesday timetable and the extremely difficult advanced Linear Algebra... The lab seemed to be fine, except that Diane has returned from her long maternity leave. So here's an official end point to the period of the temps: Noisy Jeff and anyhow Pricillia. XD

People who turned up: TW, Jesmond, Darren, Karen, KY, Jeff. Pricillia

This must be the 2nd time in my life to be in the Klunch timeslot. (The 1st time was somewhere in Lot 1, during BP period?) Not sure how long since I had entered Kbox, but this particular room is excellent! Rather big (like the one at Clementi), nice deco (nice walls, with the clap/cheering features, romantic(?) lights), and there is a lot of tables for doing homework! Haha no la, I think those are for dining purposes. Unlike other KTV outlets, I realised Kbox no longer provides nuts / party snacks. The drinks are rather cool though! It breaks off the tradition of having boring ice lemon tea / soft drinks, most of us had milo dinosaur, hot tea / something different from usual drinks. :) After choosing our main courses (5 teriyaki chicken and 1 spaghetti), we started the singout. :D

~~~~~~~~ Songs! ~~~~~~~

If I'm not wrong, I think almost every song is a chinese song. Here are some of the songs we sang~ =P Well, at least for a min before director Pricillia shouted 'cut' after 1/3 of the song. =/

-----



Pric chose this song but dunno how to sing this (surprising). One of the rare times I watched a 2PM MV. She wanted to choose One Direction's 'Best Song Ever', but somehow nobody knew how to sing that, so aiya sian.

-----



I forgot who sang this! Quite a nice song. :)

-----



I think KY sang this. Luckily she didnt sing Blurred Lines, or it will be like me. Disastrous! *.*

-----



Who would have thought TW is an expert in this song! I think the whole lab crowd seemed very excited to see TW sing. Good job! :D

-----





Karen sang the female parts. She should be given a prize for singing soooo sweetly! I think even nicer than the singer in the video! :D

(The quality in the video a bit... cui?)

-----



Jesmond sing this, a very classic song which I think the aged, the youths and children know. :D

-----

Some of the other chinese songs sang. I think Darren contributed to a part of it.



--



--





~~~~~~~

Around 12+, our lunch arrived. Kinda normal tasting, perhaps the teriyaki chicken sauce is thicker than usual. Quite a generous serving of meat. :) I kinda regret that I don't have an extensive knowledge of Chinese songs, perhaps if YL had been there, he would be knowing all the songs. =)

Not sure if it's my own weird logic, but whenever Darren is singing, a large number of people shouts 'CUT'! I wonder why... =P

The total amounted to about $15+, slightly more than half of my price expectation. After 2pm, everybody left. I went to find RJ to sorta help him solve his stats questions. There's a very interesting garage sales near his block, which I shall elaborate~

==========

1 Sep - Fly kite!



I think NTUC income organised a kite-flying event for kite-flyers and other people to visit / have a break with the scenic view of MBS and Marina Bay. So yup, me, WL and Underfame went to this auspicious place for a small outing~ ^^ People from young never fly kite before wor...

-----

3+? Everybody arrived at Rafles place, and we set off to the open field near MBS and MBFC. Quite a number of people, esp. complete families. I think many people must have treated this as a family-day event, where parents can teach children how to fly kites, take pictures with the beautiful trees and water, or perhaps plan a shopping trip in MBS after the event. Sweet! :D

The 1st thing we saw upon arrival near the MBFC is the area of street performers, ranging from magic shows, grey figures, chubby police guards, hula hoops to impress children, etc. We watched the magic show for awhile, with performances including breaking lightbulbs and rope loops. 1 similarity to 'now you see me', all magicians like to ask audiences to come closer and see the tricks. Well, it's just an illusion. XD



*Play this song if you want some music entertainment* :D

--

Besides the performances and kite-flying activities, NTUC income gave out free goodie bags to anyone who passed by their tents! :D An enthusiastic Underfame wanna get his hand on one of those, so I accompanied him to get one, well, in the wrong direction... -_- When we go inside the tent, the NTUC personnel were like "huh where did these 2 come from?". I swear WL was laughing / sian-diao-ing... -_-

The goodie bag consisted of some water, a few brochures, and a rather cute triangular kite (my mother say it wont fly) for those who want to have a feel of kite-flying. :) Can you imagine 3 early-20 guys trying to fly a kite while looking at a youtube video on how to fly kites? If you could, then yup, it's us! I don't think we had successful results, since nothing was flying and we were kinda sianned by the light rain. Some guy near us is rather pro though, his kite was soaring up proudly, probably higher than any other kites in the vicinity.

For Underfame, the main point of going to this kite-flying would probably be to just walk around with me and WL. For me and WL, if you have thought that the actual kite-flying is the main point, then that's a very big misconception. The highlight is none other than visiting the Gelato store with its awesome new flavours and a chill-out-dessert for the rainy weather. =D Surprised? Underfame sure is.

What is even more surprising is that the idea of me being me the addict of Gelato (it isnt true in the 1st place) is being challenged, right after WL appeared in front of the Gelato booth.

Lady @ the booth: (Looks at WL) Oh I think I recognise you!
How WL interpreted it: Oh she thinks she recognises me!
How Underfame interpreted it: What's happening?
How Jeff interpreted it: Did WL visit Gelato Cottage very frequently!?

What the lady wanted meant: "Ah boy is you again ah!"
What WL actually thought: "Heng she didn't say that I ate Gelato 5 times last week."
What Jeff thought: "Basket! Who's the addict!"
What Underfame concluded: "Oh, WenLong must have really love the Gelato here, such that even the lady recognises him."

She didn't recognise me, despite the time I brought my own cup during Earth Day. You see la, ppl remembers WL but not me. Not sure whether is due to WL's frequent visits or because he has good looks. =/

Oh, I bought the durian flavour ($6) while WL had some chocolate ($4). His one tastes nicer.

--

After the not very eventful kite-flying, we finished the incomplete outing during Underfame's Marina Bay touraround, ie. visiting Gardens By The Bay (GBTB). A note to myself, GBTB 2nd entrance from MBS is rather ulu and at a side walk. Thanks to WL, we found it. I think he inferred from the phrase 'by the bay'. Since nothing could be by the bay except for buildings, shophouses, statues, restaurants, satays, museums, roads, waterfronts, the Merlion, Esplanade, boats, bridges, offices, etc, thus by WL's inference, the only possible thing by the bay would be 'Gardens', and hey he's right! :D Nice guess!

(Some photos of GBTB)


- ODNS call the lift escalator
- Interesting interactive binoculars
- Sleeping child
- The rest at the walkway, looking at ECP and ERP

--

1800+ hrs

At least it's not extremely crowded like the time after the NDP rehearsal. We found a place to stand (standing table) and had our meals. While queuing for a plate of Char Kway Teow, I looked at the history of the stall, and realised that a plate of Kway Teow used to be about 50 cents, today at MBS, 1 plate cost $6.30. The inflation a bit power uh.

WL bought a cup of gong cha to wash down the delicious pepper lunch taste. There must be some cosplay event nearby. A couple of anime/space-characters came to buy Gong Cha, attracting a huge crowd. =P Should have take a picture of those. The last half hour or so was dedicated to listening classical music in the kite flying area and looking at balloons.

The hustle and bustle of weekday CBD life is a rush for most people, so there isn't much of a chance you would get to take a look at how magnificent the buildings and designs of the buildings are. The night city lights are better, the dark sky, the beautiful lights from some buildings and decos, the shooting stars (lolwut)... If I have a girlfriend, I won't mind bringing her to see this view and chat into the night... :)

Ok, that's about it for the kite flying! Cheers! :D

===========

*Photos not updated*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?