Buona Vosya outing

The jellyfish is back! =D

Posting about another outing with War and WL! This time, we went to NUS for the FASS open house as the two are pursuing this course this coming August, followed by a small walk at VivoCity. :) We met up at noon for a simple lunch at Buona Vista.

Or as War called it, Bunoa Vosya. O_O

==========

Apparently WL has not visited Star Vista before, so an outdoor ventilated shopping concept should be a rather new one to him, unless you count the old Yew Tee Point as a super proper shopping outlet. While waiting for War to travel from his 'CCK Pantry (?)' venue, we walked around Star Vista, listening to WL exclaimed at all the atas shops, drooling over the confectionery at Candy Empire, and wondering about the absence of a Pizza Hut outlet right beside Courts (inspired by Clementi).

Soon after, War arrived and we proceeded to the food court for lunch as WL had no idea of what to eat and War is having an upset stomach (oh poor thing). As usual, I had Fu Xiang curry chicken with omelette. How can you miss their curry chicken? It's great! ^^ Perhaps I have the looks of recommending good food, or maybe its just that the curry chicken looks too appetizing, but apparently some aunties asked for my recommendation, price and whether it's worth to buy or not. Well, I showed them the Fu Xiang stall, and they thanked me. :D How sweet!

WL bought a teriyaki fried chicken set, with steamed egg. That looked delicious too!

While savouring the delicious delicacies, War sort of explored my phone and helped me download a few different apps which may be of interest to me. After that, we proceeded to looking at some random titles of his old songs, and sort of answered personal questions with his 700+ old songs titles.

What is Jeff going to do when he get home -> something about dancing... -_-
What is War's favourite activity -> Girl's name

WL liked that. (1 Star)

---

There are actually some songs which I liked in my phone, such as Before You Exit's 3 Perfect Days, Good Time, etc, and I have always wanted to try listening to the instrumentals. For some reason, when I plugged in my earphones and tried to speed up the song, I realised that it's just the instrumental version and there wasn't any singing except for the chorus instrumental.

Jeff: Eh War ah, do you have any idea how come when I put my proper songs in this phone, it becomes an instrumental? Not that it doesn't sound nice, but how do I change it back to a proper song?
War: O_O Wah, got so atas ah... Er, you try download again, maybe wrong format bah.
Jeff: Cannot be leh, it sounds fine in my previous phone...

(WL did some sorcery to my earpiece, and the singing part returned)

Jeff: SIA LA!
WL: I just thought that you didn't plug in the earpiece properly... Solved already right?

What did I say about WL being a super smart guy?

Jeff: Thanks! But now can help me change back to instrumental? I wanna hear the instrumentals! :D
WL: -_-

WL liked that! (2 stars)

---

For some reason, we talked about my job in the lab, conveniently described as labbing, and what's labbing without doing the classic labbing activities??? =P

WL: Drop the base! Bring out the glasses!

Following that were actually some club/lab jokes which I have thought of during my time in the lab. Enjoy!

~~~

A guy and a girl were doing some experiments in a chemistry lab, at the same table, facing each other. The guy got bored and chat with the girl.

Guy: Hey~!
Girl: ?
Guy: You know what?
Girl: ???
Guy: I can feel that we have chemistry between us!

~~~

A girl was doing an experiment, and realised she's out of chemicals. Just at this moment, a guy walked past her.

Girl: Haix
Guy: Hey girl, what's up!
Girl: Well, I was doing an experiement, and now I am out of chemicals to use. :(
Guy: Ah, shall I get you a glass of alcohol? =P

~~~

Q: What do you get if you mix chemicals perfectly?
A: The greatest mixes!!! ^^

I wanted to elaborate into this version but lazy to do that.

***

2 guys were looking at a girl doing an experiment.

Guy 1: Hey dude, look at her doing the experiment.
Guy 2: Yeah, not bad, she mixed her things properly, why?
Guy 1: I agree, you know, I bet she's a DJ just by that.
Guy 2: Huh? What's the link?
Guy 1: Well, she has the greatest mixes!!!

==========

After the lunch/slacking session, we proceeded to Kent Ridge to take the shuttle bus to NUS FASS building. Apparently NUS Science open house is conducted on that day too, but since none of us is a NUS Science Faculty student, we skipped that and just went for the FASS Open House event. It's quite a rather small shuttle bus which seats approx 20 people? For some strange reasons, the engineering and the FASS buiding designs look rather faded and require professional furnishing. Perhaps that's the reason why those 2 faculties exist, to make a better, more beautiful place for everyone to live in. =P

The girl conductor in the bus: You have reached the FASS building, and this is AS7.
How I visualised that: (movie cool girl voice) Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to FASS, you are currently at Sector AS7.

--

1. Main FASS open house exhibition

As usual, a welcome gift for all the visitors which included a bag and loads of paper information about the different subjects in FASS. Since I'm neither a NUS student nor an Arts student, I gave my bag to War. The foyer is rather crowded, with exhibitions of subjects of every kind I guess, with small groups of people crowding around to ask more about the courses or to look at the variety of gifts being displayed. Nothing sparks my interest, and what is more surprising is that WL and War are even more keen than me to get out of the place.

Total time spent there: Less than 10 minutes? A particular professor(?) wearing a geog shirt is a super catalyst to make me exit the place. A science student will never appreciate the Arts. Aiya bullshit, got so many gei kiang people also convert from Science to Arts wad~ =/

--

2. Psycho lab and lectures

WL's future study place, the Psycho building, looks like a typical haunted school you see in horror movies. Probably the walls and the design doesn't look too welcoming, or the name Psycho just enhances the fear factor of a place, but anyway, I didn't like it. WL looks rather enthusiastic though, which is good! You must always like your studying place. :) Much to my surprise, there's a psycho lab, which made me wonder about why is there a need for the lab. Do they analyse brain waves, or perhaps lock up some psycho people to monitor behaviour? Nobody knows.

Since it's still rather early and it's going to be a wasted trip if we had only explored the FASS compound for half an hour, we decided to look through the pamphlet and see if there were any interesting talks, and hey! We found an English one, and a Psycho talk, which unfortunately had the same time slot at different LTs. The weather is just way too warm, and so we chilled out inside a random LT, which that current presentation was talking about Global Studies.

[Side note, apparently there's a geog lab too! Do they study rocks and weather patterns inside?]

The Global Studies Associate Professor is an Ang-Moh lady. She briefed through about the importance of globalisation in the world, the patterns, the trends, and also talked about understanding the limitations of the current models to predict future global trends. Those sound pretty foreign to me, even though I'm supposed to have some understanding from A lvl geog. Me and War seemed to be lost and we ended up surfing Facebook and playing Candy Crush, while WL is paying his full attention, and looking as though he understood what she's saying. She is a very good presenter, and even talked about the differences between Global Studies and other subjects which had a small portion of GS inside.

3.15pm, WL stayed for the Psycho lectuer, while me and War proceeded to the opposite LT for the English lecture, as it sounded more interesting. True enough, the English Lecture turned out to be an awesome presentation that captured everybody's attention. He looks quite like Wesley, with War didn't agree with it.

"Thank you for attending the my lecture and not the psychology lecture, which as my Psychology colleague said, you cannot read minds better." [My English very the powderful]

The English lecture covered about the art of speaking properly (pronouncing ate and doing tongue twisters), the appreciation of English words and the usage, bringing about ideas and thoughts in between the lines. For the fun of it, he showed the listeners some of the blog spots with super broken English and the argument between Singlish vs Singaporean English (Killer Litter). I agreed somewhat with the Killer Litter part. It does not look like proper English at the first sight, but if you don't use that, how are you going to describe rubbish that kills in 1 or 2 words?

I think he covered something about something about truth tables and double negatives, as I remembered suggesting the sentence: "You ain't got no love!" The last 10 minutes was reserved for an ex student and a student currently pursuing the course. How interesting this course may seems, I seriously don't think it's really useful in the future, unless you wanna be a journalist, a translator or something to do with writing articles. =/ Perhaps that can be done as a hobby, but not for a career. That's from the perspective of a Science student~~~

After the lecture we walked past quite a number of other faculty buildings and went to the Computing school toilet, where Tean will study a few months later. We were kinda lost and unable to find the shuttle bus, thus we took the public bus to Haw Par Villa station, and then to HarbourFront. :)

==========

Random topic: How do you deal with morning crowds?

1) Suck thumb like War
2) Smash through like Jeff
3) Slide through like WL
4) Special like PH (lolwut)

--

As expected on a Saturday evening, Vivo is really very crowded. All hopes for getting a quick drink from Gong Cha and Koi are instantly vanished as there must be like 20+ people waiting for the drinks and more people queuing up (esp. Gong Cha). =/

Dinner at the Hong Kong Sheng Kee dessert shop, a bowl of dumpling soup noodles and a mango pudding for me, a bowl of char siew soup noodles (er...) for War, and a bowl of Sesame paste and a piece of yam cake for WL. The soup version tasted awesome! I have always tried the dry version, which is the usual dark / soya sauce with the noodles, but the soup version gives a warm feeling in the stomach, perfect for a cold weather. :D



We talked about orientation also, which I am more towards the not-going side. Not that enthusiastic in going as I don't think I know anybody, and besides that, I would extend the current work contract for 1 month if the company allows. :)

========

Do unis still have such games? If they do, I am so not going for orientation.

http://everythingalsocomplain.com/2011/09/18/freshmen-doing-push-ups-on-top-of-girls/

Ideally, if a rather fit guy can control his strength and don't land on the girl, that will be perfect, but there are so many factors that this would be inappropriate (the push up ones)

- The guy is too heavy, and will crush the girl if cannot tahan holding in push up position (like me la)
- The guy just cannot do push ups and will keep on lying on top of the girl multiple times.
- The girl is too chio, and the guy really wanted to get a bit of feeling. =/
- The guy pretending to get up from the girl, will rub a bit... (the guy too horny already)
- You and ur bf/gf are in the game, but not the same push-up pair. (Jialat)

Jeff: If WL plays this game, he sure happy. =P
War: Huh why? He can't even do push-ups!
Jeff: That's the point right! ^^
War: ^^
WL: (nom-nom sesame paste) ^^

The take off swimming trunks is worse. That one really extreme. I will back off if that happens.

==========

Jeff: Hey, let's go up to the garden!
War: Huh! Don't want la! According to my weather forecast, it's raining heavily now!
Jeff: Accurate or not? Weather forecast like a lot of times wrong de leh!
War: Wanna bet?

After dinner, I decided to go for a walk at the Vivo City Sky Garden / Sky Park. That time I didn't take a good look at it / lepak, so why not take the chance to enjoy the scenery, take a photo or something? :) That is, if it doesn't rain. True enough, as we approached the 3rd storey, the weather couldn't be any better, it's a bit cooling, and the people are enjoying themselves resting and playing with the water on a relaxing, beautiful Saturday. XD

We sat down to watch the sunset, not exactly watching as War was listening to his old songs, while me and WL were looking at the kids playing with the water. WL's memories of playing in the pool were awesome, splashing around, playing with Wen Jun, having a good time. Why the heck didn't I play inside there before?

---


Beautiful dusk sky. Imagine listening to Armin Van Buuren's 'This is what it feels like' while enjoying this scenery. Beautiful. 

---


Talked about random things. The guild, the fire alarms, the night Sentosa, ZY breaking his voice, the fun and no life childhood, etc. The night scenery is rather beautiful, even though there aren't many stars in the night sky. Does anyone know that there's a gym at Vivo? That's the 1st time I saw somebody running in the gym late at night, in a shopping center...

1,2,3, aiya sian. - A guy was sharing his experience about something, that somehow looks like random arm stretching and this phrase came out from nowhere, that somehow sounds like something WL will say.



Cool guy WL looking down on his phone. Ok that's random, why the heck did I even take this?

=====

- Last few moments in Vivo -

A girl auspiciously fell off her, er... mini scooter? WL and War sort of helped her up and she just scooted off as if nothing happened (without a thanks). Just as I thought that this girl has a lack of a whole basic manners, WL showed us a wheel bell [Corrected by WL] he picked up from the scooter. Ah oh well, I returned the wheel bell [Corrected by WL] to her, she looked at me, and scooted off again without a thanks! Bloody basket, at least can just smile right? Someone should give her parents a rude awakening!

They still drank Koi anyway (addicts), while I looked at the Jap sushi poster. Another walk around candy empire, witnessing parents changing diapers for their baby at Harbourfront MRT station, and people asking me on how to go to Marina Bay, concludes the auspicious day. Come to think of it, this outing places are rather from the places we usually go (aka Jcube, JP, IMM).

~~~

That's about it! ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?