ORD few days of fun

The jellyfish is back!

Life in station is definitely faster than most office hours, so actually ok la. Posting about the fun moments during the ORD week (which I have simply delayed: busy XD). Not posting about the random emo / full-of-sentimental values memories / statistics of my calls.  

~ Goodbye station life, oh wait, not before I finish disturbing!

--

12/12 (Wed)

When Zul finished his last day duty, he jumped out of the alpha, and shouted: “ORD lo!”. His junior? Walked out of the alpha quietly, emptying the dustbin along the way. (Zul: Walao eh, how come you no style!)

PM Hazlina: “Jeff, your breakfast upstairs.”
PM Rahul: “I think Azli spot-check, must do CA already… >.<”

It turned out to be Mac’s hotcakes with sausage meal! Thanks Ma’am! ^^ So I took down my CA suit, CA bag, and the breakfast to the training shed. Didn’t do CA, so I watched Encik Rahul and Hidayat don, run around, doing the full thing. Even though there won’t be any more chances to do station’s CA drill, I swear I won’t miss it!

Didn’t eat the breakfast at the training shed as I was supposed to spot the errors of them doing CA, so I ate in the office (and doing office work). Encik Saiful came back to settle his outstanding cases, and he ordered pizza for lunch! The drinks should be rather expensive, so I tagged along with him to 7-11 to buy drinks for the pizza feast. XD Apparently Gulp cups are not free, so if you want one of those, you would have to buy it.

MS: Can I take a Gulp cup for these drinks I bought here?
Cashier: NOOO!!!! The Gulp cups are not free! You would have to buy them!
MS: Oh, so how much is a cup? (Preparing coins to buy cups)
Cashier: $2.10! Same as the price of Gulp.
MS: Huh why? I am only buying the cup!
Cashier: it’s just like that, so do you want to buy a cup for $2.10?
MS: -_-

We ended up settling for 20 small disposable cups for the same price. The cashier’s logic is very simple.

Gulp cup + Gulp drink = $2.10 [Eqn 1]
Gulp cup                        = $2.10 [Eqn 2]

[Eqn 1] – [Eqn 2] Gulp cup + Gulp drink – Gulp cup = $2.10 - $2.10
Therefore Gulp drink = $0.00!

Aiya shouldn’t have wasted buying 3 x 1.5l of fountain drinks for $5.40 when we could have the drinks for free. Haix. =P

Lunch was rather heartwarming, with the day duty EAS crew (PM Haz, Tasneem), Encik Saiful, MSO, Yaznisham and me sat down around the drawer and helped ourselves to pepperoni and bbq chicken pizza! J The taste is not bad, although it isn’t special compared to other pizza chains. Pang joined in and entertained everybody about his life in station. Ah, gone were the days when the crew / many people eat together and talked about random issues / happenings~

--

13/12 (Thur)

<At the economic bee hoon stall>

Jeff: Aunty ah, today is my last day le.
Aunty: Why? You don’t want to save any more lives?
Jeff: No la, is my last day serving NS…
Aunty: Oh. I thought you were a regular… But good for you, it’s time to experience a whole new world. J
Jeff: No shining, shimmering splendid? No discount for bee hoon also. T_T

Yep, so the ‘big day’ started off with these words of wisdom by the aunty whom I have not patronized a lot for 2 years as I worked mostly night shifts.

Nothing interesting happened in the morning. After returning my CA bag, badge and 2 sets of uniform, there wasn’t anything to do except to wait for lunch. Chat a bit with Yaznisham, did some killer Sudoku which I aimed to finish it before I ORD, but ah oh well.

~

Going to lunch is really eventful! Apparently you will need a time-out form if you are heading for lunch 10 minutes earlier. Azman got screwed a bit and went to get a time-out form. Since I was lazy, I stayed around with my provost friend and chat with him. =P

Oh, the RSM asked why was I in home clothes, which I thought was an interesting question. Let’s call him milk, since naming of personnel is not really allowed. =P

Milk: HEY, why are you wearing home clothes!
Jeff: Today is my ORD date, and I have returned all my uniform for dekit purposes.
Milk: So!? You are supposed to be in your uniform! Your smart 4?
Jeff: I am supposed to report for roll call in my medic uniform~!
Milk: Whatever, you are not supposed to wear home clothes walking around!

Perhaps I should have gone naked and gave him a dick slap to his milk face. Haix, such an interesting person. XD

There’s another skinny Chinese provost (let’s call him Screw) which in my opinion, a very screwed up one. At around 12.55pm, the division people started to gather downstairs and get ready for lunch. They all went off through the gate and everything seemed like a super normal routine, until… at 12.58pm.

Screw: Hey! Now what time! Why you let them go for lunch!?
Friend: 12.58pm? Ok what, lunch time of course let them go lunch la.
Screw: They can only go at 1pm! If between now and 1pm there are any accidents, I will not be responsible for anything, you will be fully responsible!
Friend: Then what? Stop all of them here ah?
Screw: You open gate or I open gate? Of course you stop la! They are supposed to have time-out forms if they want go for lunch early!
Friend: O_O

Yep, perhaps within 2 minutes, a big container may have rushed through the narrow curve and knocked down all the NSFs, or perhaps a big tree would have fell auspiciously and injure a person or two.

Screw: You going to ORD you should know lunch is at 1pm right?
Jeff: I am a station medic, and I will save lives even if it is lunch, if not anytime is lunch, frontliners do not simply get a time-out form and camp here until 1pm to go for lunch. J
Friend: XD

I swore he gave a dirty look. Someone should seriously applaud Screw for his nonsense! =P

~

Lunch: Rice with egg, sweet and sour fish. Delicious!

More killer Sudoku in the afternoon, and eating Luqman’s egg/tuna croissant. Chat with the EAS crew, and talked about different paramedics. Their pros and cons, approaches, types of calls, etc. I realized I am seriously fortunate to have followed Encik Rahul a lot. Freestyle paramedic, learn things which some PMs may not even know, be ever-ready to manage a patient on your own when nobody else is around, and learn to be independent. ^^

At around 4.45pm, I gave the clearance form to the Pers officer, in return for an envelope which contained my IC; certificate of service, perfect attendance cert, and oh, a watch! Should be the same watch which WQ gave me!

Before leaving division, I said goodbye to my provost friend. He is a steady guy who does his work and is still friendly to everybody despite under much pressure. It’s hard to find people like him in camps. Oh, I almost forgot to post about parting moments with Screw!

Jeff: Hey Screw!
Screw: ?
Jeff: ORD LO!!! Do I need a time-out form to leave? :D
Screw: No la, get IC already mah… -_-
Jeff: Yea! You are absolutely right! Bye-byes!! ^^

Wakao! Jeff you damn bastard sia. =P

Met up with War and WL who happened to be in Northpoint watching the all-time awesome movie, Life-of-Pi. We proceeded to Swensens for dinner as they had no mood for Jalan Kayu’s roti-prata. I ordered a set of fried mushrooms and a topless-5 ice-cream for dinner.

Yummy raisin, butter scotch, chocolate, vanilla, mint. Delicious! The topless 5 is $10.90 for 5 flavors, and somehow I feel it is more worth than a 1-flavour sundae with nuts, cherries and cream for $6.90. A note for me, the ice-cream buffet is $18. XD

After dinner, we shopped for a bit, looking at different game discs and tried to relate every female character to ABBA, except for a proper ABBA dance disc. Soon after, we went home, concluding the auspicious ORD day. J

--

14/12 (Fri)

A bright and beautiful Friday morning started with me calling a hamper company to see if the data-entry position is still available. After confirmation of an available slot, I set off to Midview City for acceptance of the job. I didn’t know that an industrial area could have such an atas name, 1st experience!

My new job: Data-entry for a Chinese hamper company
Work hours: 9am-5.30pm on weekdays, 9am-1pm on Saturday.
Pay: $5/hour.

Temporary job until CNY, so oh well! Off days suddenly seemed to be so precious. =/ after accepting the job, I went to Braddell Heights CC to book the singing room on 29th Dec. Hope it would be a good experience! The place looks rather stylish. $25 for 6 people and $3 for an additional person is a really good price. XD

“Bringing back awesome memories, following the rhythm of the falling rain to the outer world, here’s goodbye to my station, my 2nd home.”

Yep, but NOT before disturbing my juniors! Zul planned to disturb R1/4 people at station, but since I had extra time, must well disturb/visit more than just station personnel. XD

1st stop: KTPH! :D

Zahid is on leave, so there leaves Nazri, emo-ing alone, looking at the admission criteria for NTU / NUS. Talked crap with Nazri, choice of courses, future prospects, and hear him babbling about how good computer science is. O_O

Nazri: Com science is not hacking, it is something like using your computer to control other technological accessories to perform functions, check data, etc.
Jeff: This is hacking luh. -_-
Nazri: Also, a computer science expert does not fix computers, which is the same theory that astronomers do not fix the telescopes themselves.
Jeff: Sounds like they don’t know how to fix the things they used, which is actually rather true for EAS, just send for servicing only. =P
Nazri: So Jeff, have I convinced you to study computer science? XD

Zahid! How do you survive Nazri! It sounds like Nazri is disturbing me instead. Lol! During his break time, we went to Cheers and he bought 2 teriyaki chicken paus. I ate 1, and soon after there’s 1 PA which came in with a collapse case. Totally expected. ^^

Shortly after, both 311 and 312 arrived at about the same time, thus I got the chance to chat with Kane and Hidayat. Rota 1 kilat medics, cheh~! Encik Istamar disturbed me for a bit, and sort of questioned Encik Rahul for not giving me a testimonial… No comments there. I must be an anyhow medic. =/

Zul arrived at KTPH at about 6pm. His hairstyle changed and is messier than usual. =/ 20 mins later, we walked towards station, talking about the calls we had, how things have changed, the paramedics which did awesome things, etc. Once again, he complained about the road to station being very long, haix senior, you still didn’t change much.

Outside station shutters, the station cat was lingering and brushed itself comfortably to our jeans and shoes. Shortly after, Hafiz cycled to station and stayed with us awhile to chat. Apparently the cat liked Hafiz’s Rendang, as it was practically pawing his bag away. Halal cat siol!

For an hour or two, we chat with R1/4 paramedics, see them do their work, handing over alpha things, and helping Ma’am Herda to round up the roster format nicely. Goh is now in Rota 1! That should be good news to R1/4 medics when they take leave. :D

Hidayat got into an accident at around 9pm, so after the station visit at 9.30pm, we proceeded to KTPH to see Hidayat. The nurse over there recognized us as EAS personnel, and allowed us to visit Hidayat for a short while. C-collar, IV, weakness on his limbs. Luckily he is fine! ^^ PM Hazlina and Goh were the ones who helped him, so hopefully after the RTA the bond between them would greatly improve. J

*You’ll never know that the person who tekan, punish, scold may be the one who will help you greatly one day.*

With this, concludes a long day of visiting. Senior Zul, when can we do this again? :D

End of post! ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?