The last MH2200 tutorial

One of the most memorable Symmetry tutorial ever! (5th Nov 2014)

----------

Today me and SH went to crash the Wednesday Symmetry tutorial, one of the most ulu slots.

Class composed of 
- Lecturer (1 person)
- 3 students (3 people)
- Jeff and SH (2 people)
A total of 6 people: Seated around a table in the tutorial room.

Ok that seriously wasn't expected! The lecturer was saying that's the norm every week, I wondered if he's serious.

---

5 mins into the tutorial, the head of MAS, the Dean of the CoS, and one more guy came in. I think one of them jokingly asked who is the tutor, and the lecturer said "the youngest one is the tutor". That was an experience. I didn't even recognise the Dean. Prof Ling San is the name, if I remembered correctly. XD

---

SH presented like the whole tutorial, that must be an unforgettable experience for her, asking stressful questions for almost the entire hour without really knowing what the hell is going on. Damn proud of her for trying. :)

---

Since it is a really small group, discussions are plentiful, and everybody can raise their views on a concept or other issues. Especially the complex numbers over a basis of real numbers or basis of complex numbers.

---

Of course, we were asked why we crashed the tutorial. 

SH: "Because I don't know if I have the chance to present tomorrow, so I come here today so that there is a better chance for me to present my answers." 

LKJ: O_O

Jeff: "Because she don't know if she has the chance to present her answers tomorrow, so I just accompany her so that she has a better chance to present her answers. Essentially the same reason as her."

LKJ: -_-!!!

I think nearing the end of the lesson, he finally took down SH's name.
LKJ: "I don't think I will see your name in the lists here right?" (Name list for his classes)
SH: (Points to her name) "It is here." 
LKJ: "Oh so you were originally from my class! Why you didn't attend my classes?"
SH: >.<
LKJ: (asks Jeff) So I assume you also didn't attend my tutorials?
Jeff: Probably. XD

---

Well, I will say I learnt/confirmed quite a lot of knowledge from him, especially explanations behind Linear Algebra (such as finite linear combinations) and the stuff in Groups and Symmetries. His teaching style is more for students who are knowledgeable about their content and are interested in the subject area. It's just quite sad that most of the cohort (including myself) is not really interested in Pure Math.

Apparently lattices are used in number theory. How strange.

===============
Oh ya, the attendance thing also confirms something. He does not know my name, contrary to what many people guessed and anyhow say. :D

The tutorial content isn't even tested, but definitely a memorable one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?