Earth Day 2014

The jellyfish is back! ^^

Posting some interesting things on Earth Day, 29/3/2014. =P

To mark this occasion and perhaps do a part to help the Earth, most Singapore premises such as shopping centers would dim / off some extra lights to the basic minimum to meet the safety requirements so as to save some electricity and perhaps encourage Singaporeans to do the same by doing a part to save the Earth. :)

For me, once again, keep calm and type this post. =P

==========

1. Mini study @ SMU

Forgotten who is the one who initiated to have a mini study on this auspicious day. o.o

Anyway, went to study at SMU, with people arriving in batches. 1100hrs, YR brought me to SMU to appreciate the conducive studying environment, enjoy the arts of some people, and make me realise that SMU is extremely near to SOTA. -_-! Should have just walked from Plaza Sing to SMU instead of taking the circle line~~

Talked a bit about midterms and stuff. Oh, here's my midterm results:

Calculus: 100/100 (20%)
Linear Algebra: 25/25 (25%)
Discrete: 20/20 (20%)

Aiya, last semester Calculus did until quite cui still can get A-, this means midterm doesn't have much effect on the final grade. Therefore must do well in Finals! :D

Did discrete tutorial, basket the proving so easy, but the redrawing of planar graph so difficult -.-!!

--

1345hrs, MJ arrived after her teaching of tuition. That's when YR got really hungry (toilet and hunger goes together), so we took a break, and went to other places to buy lunch. Given the large variety of food in SG, there would definitely be places which teenagers / young adults have never been to, even very common places.

Surprising fact #1
YR has never makan Delifrance in her 19.9 years of life (Jeff laugh in disbelief)
Surprising fact #2
Jeff has never makan Dian Xiao Er in his 21.8 years of life (YR laughed even harder)

I should make a mental note to patronise DX2 one day, a bit sua ku sia...


We went to Burger King for lunch, that particular outlet which WL brought me for dinner after his SW/social work / (inserts appropriate coruse) interview. The outlet seemed busier compared to the Wed evening, but ODNS screw up a full order casually. What does it mean? I shall share my disastrous experience at Burger King~ [If you want a good laugh, read the section between the long curvy lines, else skip]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(After YR orders her $3.95 meal)
Cashier: Hi welcome to BK how may I help you?
Jeff: Hi, may I have the $3.95 fish burger meal?
Cashier: Sure, do you want to upsize?
Jeff: (Shakes head) No is ok, but may I have onion rings?
Cashier: Ok, your drinks please?
Jeff: May I have the Sjora drink?
Cashier: There will be an addition.

Jeff: Huh? Addition? Oh! Additional charges? Yeah ok. (Alamak say additional charges la)
Cashier: Having here or takeaway?
Jeff: Takeaway.
Cashier: That will be $5.15 in total.

Jeff: Expensive sia! (That's when YR laughed really loudly)
(How the fuck does changing a drink adds $1.20 to the total price?)
Jeff: Er, then how about if I change it to ice lemon tea?
Cashier: It will be $4.85.
(Still expensive, but let's not trouble other people again)
Jeff: Ah alright, I will take the ice lemon tea.
-

YR waited quite long for her drink, and the lady in front of her has waited even longer. After a few mins, YR was told that the coke was her drink, so the cashier put the coke in the plastic bag and gave it to her. 1 minute later, the cashier gave Jeff a drink (not in a plastic bag -.-)
-

YR receipt number: 57
Jeff receipt number: 58

[While waiting for the order]
Jeff: Eh YR, you see my drink colour, skali is really coke ah.
YR: Really meh? What your order?
Jeff: Ice lemon tea lor. I shall try my drink.
(Takes 1 sip)
Jeff: Really is coke sia!!
[YR laughed again]

Jeff: Hi er, over here I have ordered ice lemon tea. But this is a coke!!!
(The staff changes the drink)
YR: Eh Jeff, how come your drink now so big?
Jeff: Dunno leh, but good what. (Looks at the receipt)
Jeff: Alamak no wonder la! The cashier go upsize my meal! [YR laughs again]
YR: Wah they screw up your drink liao leh, you see anything else is wrong or not?
Jeff: (Looks at the whole thing) Ah yeah, the side they put fries instead of onion rings. -.-
YR: O.O

[Number 57] YR took her order, no problems there.

YR: About your turn liao.
Jeff: yup.

[Number 59]
Jeff: Walao!!
[YR laughed rather loudly]

You see la, everytime hope War missed his Koi order, now karma liao. Anyway, my number was called a min later.
-

The server gave Jeff fries and nothing else.
Server: Sorry the fish burger I will send it to you later.
Jeff: Huh what? Ok... But I am taking away, so can I have a plastic bag please?
Server: Taking away ah? Oh ok...

YR: Jeff, your burger leh?
Jeff: They will send it to me later. Probably they haven't kill the fish yet.

[The number escalates to 62, Jeff decided to camp there]

Server: Sorry ah we are still preparing your fish burger. You want an extra drink?
Jeff: No its ok.
Server: (Shouts to the preparation crew) Eh must faster a bit, people wait for fish burger very long already!
(This is when Jeff realised that the fish burger patty is on the preparation table the whole time! 10 seconds later, the fish burger is being wrapped up)

Jeff: -_-!
YR: XD

~~~~~~~~~~ This concludes my disastrous BK experience ~~~~~~~~~~

Went back to study, not for long before SH came after her driving lessons. Accompanied her to buy subway, which had a promotion of veggie delight 6 inch for $5.50 (UP $6.90), and a free medium size drink. I bought a set (simply no mood for the fish burger), and gave my veggie patty to SH.

Finished up the drawing of planar graphs and started on the Linear Algebra tutorial (surprisingly easy).

1730hrs: YR left home.
1800hrs: MJ's bf, Ting Hwee (hereon as TH) arrived at SMU, bringing along a box of takoyaki for MJ to enjoy. (So sweet!!! Not the takoyaki)

TH seemed kinda sian that MJ was still studying the change of coordinate matrix and vectors instead of going to walk walk with him. (I feel you, bro) Fortunately there's a bounded timing as TH had bought movie tickets for the evening. Approx 30+ mins later, they left, leaving me and SH alone at SMU~

--

We decided to do / study calculus until the Earth hour begins. SMU had a short band performance (received quite a soft applause). At 8.30pm, SMU turned off its 1st level and escalator walkway lights. Contrary to what I guessed, they didn't turn off alternate lampost lights.

SH: "I think because the lampost lights are in a series, so an alternating series would be quite difficult to do."
Not sure if she is linking the lampost lights to the series in calculus, but that is rather lame, funnier than spongebob squarepants anyway. XD

--

SH didn't feel like studying but she wanted some light snack. So I brought her to PoMo to eat Gelato. ^^

I got myself waffles with Apple pie gelato. She got herself a scoop of cranberry yoghurt. I think the aunty recognised me (but perhaps not as much as recognising WL), and thought we were dating or something. (It would be great if that's true)

Apple Pie Gelato
What Jeff thought it was: Tasted a bit of apple, but no pie.
What SH thought it was: cinnamon.

Cranberry yoghurt
What Jeff thought it was: Yoghurt
What SH  thought it was: Yoghurt

Halfway, the Gelato cottage lady appeared! She asked if I had came back for the anniversary. (Heh) I was initially confused about what anniversary was she mentioning, until she said that I had visited Gelato Cottage with WL in 2013, during Earth Day.
--

http://jellyunderthesea.blogspot.sg/2013_03_01_archive.html
'section 2'

--

Oh ya! I even brought my own cup for the 60 cents discount. A year has passed by so quickly, until we may have forgotten the pleasant details and memories in this fast-paced life. She mentioned that the management did not motivate the Earth Day campaign (renovations?), and how she had missed the previous year where a whole group of 26 people went to Gelato Cottage to celebrate someone's birthday with candles in the dark. SH seemed to enjoy the story. :)

Either that lady has a fantastic memory, or perhaps she recognised me because of my thinking cap. Someone should give her a prize for that element of awesomeness. :D
----------

After the gelato, nothing much happened, just looking at various food outlets and wondering where TH would have brought MJ for night makan. It turns out she reached home earlier than me / SH. That's fast!

==========

Anyway, that's the end of the Earth day outing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?