Week 5-5 in Y3S2

The jellyfish is back!!!

Happy belated CNY to everybody, tonight I got a bit of time, so thought I would post something. :) 5 weeks of the semester have passed, and I think it is one of the busiest ones, but doesn't pass quickly, as usual for me. I remembered WJ said something about people who go to school regularly won't find time passing as fast as those who constantly skip. Haha probably that's why I find it slow ya? =P

------

Hmm get away with the sad and boring stuff first: Out of the 8 mods, 7 got midterms!!! T.T I still remembered Y3S1 was good, only 3 midterms (I don't count quizzes)! So for Y3S2:

Week 7 NTU: Physics and Environment
Week 7 NUS: Crypto
Week 8: Data structure
Week 9: Numerical and set theory
Graph theory: Still unknown which week, it better not be 9!

So good luck to me ya? Thankfully only 3 of them are graded! Advantage of Independent study, no midterm. =P

------

Today is a nice Friday, where for the past so many weeks, I found today one of the more enjoyable (and probably relaxing) days, yes even more relaxing than CNY. Whoever said CNY is relaxing deserved to be slapped upside down. It is joyous, but certainly not good for resting~! That's not the point anyway~ Well today I basically spent the whole day in school doing C and C++ Programming (0830-1930hrs). C lab and tutorial, settling week 6 homework, and C++ TA duties.

You know, it feels awesome to be doing something you really like to do ^_^, instead of pouring yourself over the nonsense you don't understand a shit about them. Guide and talk cock with the year 1, doing programming and relieving the old times in Y1S2 where I was debugging people's programs for the entire lab session. Surprisingly as a TA, I seem to be less busy in helping people to debug C++ programs. Maybe people don't dare to ask the TA to debug! Aiya is individual lab assignment, DIY!

I also learnt a lot from the year 1 people, some ideas are so fascinating, until I wonder how people thought about it. XD It also feels good to know you are somewhat appreciated. I guess appreciation is what a lot of people want in their lives ya? =)

-----

Oh yeah, a bit about independent study too! Apparently the most difficult of the independent study (buffer overflow - a simple yet important attack) has past, and it can only get easier from week 6 onwards (Yay!), and Prof. Wu seems to be quite happy with my work, so I guess that can be more relaxed already. Wow, it is great to know that the time I spent during the holidays to read up on these topics have not gone into vain, and are like life-savers for me! Otherwise, every week got to spend an extra day in studying something else. It is a fun topic (Intro. to network security), but I think the hectic semester can kill ya free time easily. =/

Glad that has gone well then! Prof. Wu also offered me to take FYP (Topic: Heap security). It sounds fun, and I should probably go and ask if SPMS offers a 1-semester FYP instead of a 1-year version. If it only has 1 year, then I should probably think whether I should drop ABP to take this project until Y4S2. Currently my greatest advices come from JM and SY. Must thank these two awesome ppl. :D

Apparently I unintentionally delayed Prof. Wu and his wife's dinner tonight for 30 mins >.< Ps ah! But today we chat a bit, and he shared some of the C++ happenings he had last year, making midterms optional (but all weightage goes to finals) and submissions optional. Aiya no wonder he debugged thousands of programs la, no one go lab lol! Ok la he is a nice prof, in terms of character and helping people to learn. I think he really made his crypto mod easier, such that people won't find studying that mod a torture. This kind of leniency ah, super not evident in Marcus' coding theory and the NUS crypto course! Both are trying to see who can be more cheem than the other~~~

-----



Some Trance and Progressive music, something which I have been listening to for the past few weeks. A 1 and 1/4 combined soundtracks from various remixes, pretty cool! Go listen to this if you like. Surprisingly I could understand a bit of elliptic curves while listening to the remixes. =D

-----

My clash of clans town hall is still L7! I think only a few more weeks then I can make it L8 lol. Currently the defences all are like cui. >.< Didn't play maple for quite a few weeks liao, probably should go visit sometime during the NTU recess week. ^^

================

Alright then! 2 more days it's Valentine, and I should be at home since SH is usually busy on sundays (sob). So I don't think I will ask her out on that day bah. =( So to all the couples going out on Sunday, enjoy your romantic time! I think many of my facebooks friends attached liao, a sign of me getting older LOL.

~ Ta-da~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Review NTU SPMS - MAS

Course Review NTU SPMS - Electives

NTU MAS or NUS stats?